M/D/Y

:: Shoutbox ::

Let's Start Talking!

:xmas4:
Merry Christmas!
Hope everyone who celebrate, had a great Thanksgiving day!
Oh it's Friday, YES!!
Just another manic Monday!!
Purple got lighter!
Hello DA!

darkangel

M/D/Y
helloooooo there
Wait, it's Saturday again!!!  :thud:. Going to fast! Have a good day
Saturday greetings to all! :frankie:

:: Illusionz ::

"Happy Thanksgiving! "

New images below! Meet the Goth Family and the Misfitz Family. They were entries for a contest at The Attic !

-click images to view-

Goth Family

Sandra D.

The Misfitz Family

Sandra D.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
M/D/Y

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 10
  • Latest: Helkin
Stats
  • Total Posts: 873
  • Total Topics: 141
  • Online Today: 1
  • Online Ever: 19
  • (M/D/Y)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1

Author Topic: Yarns & Hooks  (Read 93 times)

Offline Twisted.Illusionz

• :."Bright Lights".:
  • Administrator
  • ::.Demon, where did my Angel go?.::
    • Enchanted By Darkness
Yarns & Hooks
« on: M/D/Y »
Yarns & Hooks

This one of my hobbies. I've been crocheting since I was 10 or 13 years old. I was taught by one of my aunts(wife from one of my uncles). And from another aunt(step-father's sister). Now these ladies never taught me how to read a pattern. It was a "watch and learn" teaching way, lol... So I've been doing the basic stuff, blankets, hats, baby shoes, etc.... A couple of years ago, I started learning more, dresses, pants, socks, etc...Also watching video tutorials.  And about two months ago I was able to finish a piece by reading a pattern, yaay me!!!
 :catball:
I was learning how to knit but the ladies who was teaching me, moved to another state. Hopefully I will learn.
So if you have a passion for yarns, needles and hooks, then this is the place to share!
I will share my works below.

NOTE:Just reply to this thread(post) anything related to topic. Do not start a new topic. Thank you

• Administrator
    • Enchanted By Darkness
Re: Yarns & Hooks
« Reply #1 on: M/D/Y »
Two gift set I made for a baby shower

• Administrator
    • Enchanted By Darkness
« Reply #2 on: M/D/Y »
These were orders

Offline darkangel

• Abandon all hope ye who find me here!
  • Administrator
  • Beware I bite!
« Reply #3 on: M/D/Y »
I have been crocheting for about as long as you have.

I use yarns and threads and make afghans (granny squares due to versatility of each square, try not to have two matching in blanket), doilies, little dresses and potholders shaped like dresses.

I am self taught and have gads of the Magic Crochet booklets and a few patterns. My mom tried to teach me but I never could get it right so I boght the beginners instruction and taught meself.

• Administrator
    • Enchanted By Darkness
« Reply #4 on: M/D/Y »
I have been crocheting for about as long as you have.

I use yarns and threads and make afghans (granny squares due to versatility of each square, try not to have two matching in blanket), doilies, little dresses and potholders shaped like dresses.

I am self taught and have gads of the Magic Crochet booklets and a few patterns. My mom tried to teach me but I never could get it right so I boght the beginners instruction and taught meself.
Oh that's wonderful! look at that we have something in common!!! I guess I can say I'm self taught?! Since the aunts only showed me basics(one showed me how to make chains, the other how to finger crochet)... I still get lost with patterns but the one I followed to the end was a witch's hat and I did follow it a bit different, lol.. I started blankets with granny squares! I will upload more later. I have to do it from my cell phone, since that's where I have them saved